Well, here we go with part 2 of the purpose of a Father. Everyday it seems I fall in my pursuit of perfection as a Dad, but do you know what? That’s fine, I know whose I am and I know I am a new creation, righteous, cleansed and with these truths at my side I will press on forgetting all the mistakes that lie behind me. I will keep pursuing my Fathers heart in this area, and I believe the last eight purposes are well connected with Gods heart for Fathering.
Again, this is not a fully comprehensive list, but it’s a good start, a good measuring tool with which to gauge where you are as a father, and where you feel God wants you to be.
Here we go, the Purpose of a Father is:
- To create a place of safety.
- To set the atmosphere.
- To love his children’s Mom.
- To pray for his wife, children and marriage.
- To set the example that you must live what you speak.
- To raise warrior princes and beautiful princesses.
- To set the example of what God intended relations to be.
- To create focus.